Chris Buescher | Kansas II Advance
Chris Buescher – Kansas II Advance
Team: No. 17 Fastenal Ford Mustang
Crew Chief: Scott Graves
PR Contact: Brandon Lee; firstname.lastname@example.org; 704-783-5446
Twitter: @RFK17Team, @RFKRacing and @Chris_Buescher
Race Format: 400 miles, 267 laps, Stages: 80-85-102
NASCAR Cup Race at Kansas – Sunday, Sept. 11 at 3 p.m. ET on USA, MRN, SiriusXM Channel 90
- The traditional weekend schedule returns this weekend with practice and qualifying on deck for Saturday in group format, which will determine Sunday’s lineup.
Buescher at Kansas
- Buescher is set for his 14th Cup race from Kansas where he has three top-10s. He finished eighth in the spring race in 2021, with his best-career result coming back in the 2017 fall event (sixth).
- Most recently, he finished 27th this spring, and ran 12th in this race a season ago.
- His average qualifying effort sits at 21.2 with one career top-10 start (2018 – 10th).
- Buescher made three Xfinity starts at Kansas from 2013-15 with a best finish of sixth (2015).
Scott Graves at Kansas
- Graves will be on the box for his 13th Cup race at Kansas. He has a best finish of seventh (2017 – Daniel Suarez), and is coming off the 12th-place run with Buescher last fall.
- His average qualifying effort stands at 15.1 with four top-10 starts, including a P2 start in 2013.
- Graves called three Xfinity events at Kansas with a career-best third-place run in 2016.
Buescher on racing at Kansas:
“We’re ready to get back to Kansas and redeem ourselves from the spring race and rebound from this past week at Darlington. It is a place that doesn’t lack in speed, and really fans out with just how big the surface is. As we’ve said before, we still have chances down the stretch here to be a spoiler, and we’re working hard to do just that.”
Last Time Out
Buescher finished 26th a week ago at Darlington.
On the Car
Fastenal, in its 12th season with RFK in 2022, makes its 14th appearance with the No. 17 this weekend. In its early days with RFK, Fastenal originally was a partner with the No. 99 team before moving over to the No. 17 team since. They were also the primary partner on the No. 60 Xfinity Series entry that captured the owner’s championship in 2011.
Fastenal will feature top suppliers Norseman Drill & Tool, Danfoss, Fluke Corp., GL Huyett and Streamlight on Buescher’s Mustang as he competes this weekend. For more information on these suppliers, visit Fastenal.com, and stay up-do-date on social @FastenalCompany.
Fastenal [Nasdaq: FAST] is North America’s largest fastener distributor and a ‘one-stop’ source for hundreds of thousands of OEM, MRO and Construction products. With more than 2,600 stores worldwide, the company supports B2B customers with tailored local inventory and dedicated personnel, who visit regularly, quickly respond to emergency needs, and provide efficient inventory management solutions. Fastenal’s service-oriented business network includes the world’s largest industrial vending program, 14 regional distribution centers, 8 custom manufacturing facilities, thousands of delivery vehicles, and industry-leading sourcing, quality and engineering resources.