Roush Fenway Weekly Advance | Martinsville II
Sunday, Oct. 31 at 2 p.m. ET
NBC, MRN, SiriusXM Channel 90
- Ryan Newman, No. 6 Kohler Generators Ford Mustang
- Chris Buescher, No. 17 Fifth Third Bank Ford Mustang
Kansas Recap, Martinsville Preview
- Buescher was one of only 15 cars to finish on the lead lap in Sunday’s 400-mile race from Kansas Speedway, earning a 12th-place run in the Fastenal Ford. Newman finished 27th.
- Fifth Third Bank is back on Buescher’s No. 17 machine this weekend at Martinsville for its final primary of 2021. They will carry the standard Fifth Third scheme with a pink number in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and also feature Colony Tire on the decklid as part of the Fueled by Fifth Third pass-through program.
- Kohler Generators will ride on Newman’s Ford for its final primary of the season, and carry a different look with a nod to Halloween on Sunday.
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Roush Fenway has earned four Grandfather Clocks at Martinsville with former drivers Mark Martin (two), Jeff Burton and Kurt Busch. Roush Fenway most recently went to victory lane with Busch in Oct. 2002.
Rock Around the Clock
Roush Fenway had its overall most-successful outing at Martinsville in the spring of 2002 when it placed all four of its cars inside the top 10 with drivers Martin, Burton, Busch and Matt Kenseth.
Roush Fenway earned a one-two finish in the April 9, 2000 event at Martinsville with former drivers Martin and Burton. Martin paced the field for 64 laps en route to the victory.
Roush Fenway has started a total of 682 NCS races on short tracks, recording a total of 22 wins, 122 top-five finishes, 243 top-10 finishes and 7,584 laps led.
Tale of the Tape
Roush Fenway has started 218 NCS races at Martinsville, recording four victories, 26 top-five finishes, 68 top-10 finishes, an average finish of 17.7 and has led 1,378 laps. Roush Fenway also boasts two NASCAR Truck Series wins in 46 starts at Martinsville (fall of ’03 and ’05).
Roush Fenway Martinsville Wins
1992-1 Martin Cup
1997-2 Burton Cup
2000-1 Martin Cup
2002-2 Busch Cup
2003-2 Wood Truck
2005-2 Craven Truck
By the Numbers at Martinsville
Race Win T5 T10 Pole Laps Led AvSt AvFn Miles
218 4 26 68 4 104827 1378 20.4 17.7 52413.5
3 0 0 1 0 750 0 28.0 19.3 394.5
46 2 14 24 3 10256 270 12.4 12.3 5394.6
267 6 40 93 7 115833 1648 20.4 16.4 58202.6