Ryan Newman – Martinsville Advance
STP 500 – Sunday, March 24 at 2 p.m. ET on FS1, MRN, SiriusXM Channel 90
Newman at Martinsville Speedway
- Newman will make his 35th start at Martinsville this weekend. In 34 prior starts, Newman has eight top-five and 16 top-10 finishes with one win and an average finish of 14.7.
- Newman won the spring race back in 2012, leading the final 12 laps after starting fifth. He’s completed more than 97 percent of the laps at the .5-mile track, and finished top-10 47 percent of the time.
- Outside of his win in 2012, Newman’s other top finishes include a runner-up result in 2007 and two third-place finishes (2004, 2014).
- Newman has an impressive average starting spot of 9.9 at the Paperclip with three career poles (2002, 2004, 2009).
Scott Graves at Martinsville Speedway
- Graves will call his sixth MENCS race at Martinsville this weekend. In five prior starts, Graves has one top-15 (Daniel Suarez – 2017).
- He was also atop the pit box for a pair of races with Ricky Stenhouse Jr., in 2013, finishing 25th and 31st.
Newman on racing at Martinsville:
“Martinsville is a place where you have to be patient and use the brake pedal wisely. It’s a long, 500-lap race, so staying out of trouble and being there at the end usually works out well. We’ve had some really good Martinsville finishes over the years and we’d like to continue that trend this weekend in our Acorns Ford Mustang.”
On the Car
Acorns makes its second appearance of the season on board Newman’s No. 6 Ford Mustang. Acorns’ bright green colors will shine for the second time in 2019 as part of a six-race deal with the team.
The Acorns app automatically invests your spare change from everyday purchases into your future! And that’s just the start. For just $1, $2, or $3 per month, you get the nation’s first financial wellness system at your fingertips. Set automatic Recurring Investments of just $5 a day, week or month, seamlessly save for retirement, earn money for your future from 350+ top brands, spend smarter with the only debit card that saves and invests for you and grow your knowledge with money tips on the go! With bank-level security and fraud protection built in, Acorns makes it easy to turn spare change into more for your future. Download Acorns now and get started in under 5 minutes!
Acorns is accessed simply and easily via the app for iPhone, Android or Desktop. Visit Acorns.com for more.